[linux-dvb] scrambled channels with Twinhan DVB-T CI

> Finally, I've got the TwinHan card to work. All the free channels works
> perfect, but not the scrambled ones. If i understand this right, I need to
> tune to the channel with tzap, and after that run ca_zap. But everytime I
> do this, I get errors about the channels.conf file having syntax errors.
> And that is probably true, I don't know exacly which syntax to use.
> Where can I find the right syntax fro ca_zap? After ca_zap works, can I
> watch my subscribed channels with xine, or do I need another program?
>
> [root@wrk01 scan]# /pub/linuxtv/dvb-apps/util/ca_zap/ca_zap -c
> /tmp/channels.conf  -n "tv4 film" -t ter
> Using Adpater=[/dev/dvb/adapter0]
>  Frontend=[/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0]
>  Demux=[/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0]
>  Slot=[/dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0]
> Parsing /tmp/channels.conf
> Terrestrial frontend
> ERROR: transmission_mode field syntax error
> Service ID=[0]
> parse_pat: ----------------->parse PAT section
> parse_pat: PAT => Section Length=[37], TS ID=[1022]
> parse_si: PMT PID = [16]
> parse_si: PAT: Close Demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

I have the same board as you, and this is a bug in libdvbsi/channel.c
In parse_ter_channel_list() the buffer was too small for me (80). I
changed it to 256 and that fixed it. Another thing that happened was that
parse_ter_channel_list() would run through the whole list, even though it
had already found the channel it was looking for, and would always try to
zap to the last channel in the list. I added a simple strcmp() at the top
to drop out of the loop if the current channel was not the channel we're
looking for.

I'm still not able to watch scrambled channels, but hopefully this will
help you get started.

> Another thing. To make the Twinhan card work with kernel 2.6.13-rc3, and
> the latest snapshot, I hade to change the definition for the DTT-CI card
> in dst.c. dst_feature needs to be DST_TYPE_HAS_CA, not 0. I also needed to
> replace DST_TYPE_HAS_TS204 with DST_TYPE_HAS_NEWTUNE. After that, it
> worked.

Same here.

Einar