[linux-dvb] Preset format

onsdag 20. juli 2005, 03:11, skrev Andrew de Quincey:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 02:01, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> > tirsdag 19. juli 2005, 19:31, skrev Andrew de Quincey:
> > > Hi, I'm wanting to think about the presets file format now.... What about
> > > this to kick things off:
> > >
> > > [presets]
> > > version=0.1
> > > name=...
> > >
> > > [p]
> > [c] | [channel] or [s] | [service]?
>
> hmm it was [p] for preset actually. Then you just use the GSID to key it into
> the multiplexes.conf file to get the actual service information.

struct dvbcfg_presets {
 char * name;
 int nb_services;
 struct dvbcfg_service ** services;
};

Just thought it would make more sense.

> > Hmm, I'm pondering on the icon value, will anything be specified about
> > those? Are we trying to make some generic channel icon specification that
> > can be reused by other applications?
> > Maybe it's best left to the application or a higher level library?
>
> Not sure - someone suggested it might be a good idea, and it seems a sensible
> place to store it.

IMHO, if you start with icon some other person will want to store something
else there too, I feel like keeping this to the basics. The application can
easily store a list of icons vs gsids and include any other data it want there.

> > > As discussed, if you want more than one group of presets, you simply have
> > > more than one file.
> >
> > So those would be located in /etc/dvb/presets by default?
> > Would libdvbcfg support managing those?
>
> Yeah, I'll add support once we've sorted the format out.

Cool!

Kenneth