[linux-dvb] Re: fusion 5th DVICO support question

I'm planning on writing up a summary one I have it all completed and
can go back and verify which of the many thing I tried were
important..   (also,  I have sent some information on this to the
mythtv mailing list)

But, off the top of my head, here are some of the main points:

- use azap + dvbscan/dvbtraffic to verify the driver is working and
you can see data.  You should also be able to capture video via
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

- In mythtv-setup, make sure your inintial channel is one that is
valid.  Otherwise, it will just give you a blank screen & mythbackend
will complain about no PID data.

- In MythTV, a channel scan on the DVB card should turn up any
stations that are sending PSIP data.  Do a full ATSC scan first, then
a QAM scan.    (What does this return for you guys?  What channel data
is in the database?)

- For channels without PSIP, which are not found in the scan, you need
to edit the config data in the MySQL database to associate the channel
with its ATSC/QAM frequency data.  Either edit it by hand in mysql, or
use an interface to access the data (webmin+mysql will give you access
to the raw data.   I modified MythWeb to add the needed fields to the
channel editing area.)

  Or, to verify the data is correct, use mysqldump to dump the whole
database.   The important tables are "channel" and "dtv_multiplex".
"Channel" should have information about all the channels that were
scanned, and dtv_multiplex will have the freqency data for each
channel (like in azap's channels.conf).    Each channel entry will
refer to the dtv_multiplex entry via the "mplexid" attribute.

Good luck,

Todd