[linux-dvb] Why do we need Kernel 2.6.13 ?

Michal Semler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At first start think if you really need driver from CVS. DVB is in vanilla
> kernel - so use latest vanilla.
>
> CVS is only for testing and developing purposes not for mainstream
>
> Michal

There have been a lot of fixes recently e.g. for FF cards. So if I use
such one, I am forced to upgrade because there were a lot of unsolved
problems for years like 'unknown picture type' and 'video data stream
broken' messages that seem to be cured.

Futhermore, e.g. at VDRPortal, peter_weber69 is working on a kanotix
live cd with VDR. This is based on kernel 2.6.11, but if you want to
support latest cards (especially DVB-t) you would be forced to upgrade
the kernel as long as there were no patches for older kernels.

Joerg