[linux-dvb] Idiot's guide for Kworld V-Stream Xpert DVB-T Ver: E please.

On Saturday 9 July 2005 01:06, Philip Shead wrote:
> Peter D. wrote:
[snip]
> > Attempt four.  http://www.soyeb.homeip.net/kworld has simple
> > step by step instructions - but I can't make them work.  Soyeb
> > has a _very_ similar card.  My circuit board looks slightly different
> > and "lspci -v" reports a latency of 32 as opposed to 64.  At the
> > fifth step of his instructions there was an error;
>
>    Does It look like
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~drinnen/kworld_card_big.jpg
> ?

Yes.  It looks a lot like that.

>    Got this card delivered on Monday, I had a vanilla 2.6.12
> tarball from kernel.org, applied the patch listed for 2.6.12
> at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Kworld_V-Stream_Xpert_DVB-T/Software_%26_Patch

Very odd.  That patch seems to add one of the Thompson tuner variants
(subdevice 0x08a1) to the already present Samsung tuner variant (subdevice
0x08a6).

It looks like I shouldn't patch the kernel 2.6.12.  I must be doing something
else wrong.  <scratches head>

> I've currently got the digital tv working fine under myth tv
> but no sign of the remote.....

That is promising.  I can live without the remote.

> (The driver is in the dvb drivers
> right, goes to the evdev module right? no sign the modules
> I've got inserted finding it though).
[snip]

There is a file called /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/evdev.c on my system.

Thanks.

--
Peter D.
Sig goes here...