[linux-dvb] Reading uncompressed video/audio from FF cards?

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> is it possible to read uncompressed video and audio from full featured
>> cards?
>> The software for windows shows video both on the pc and on the TV at
>> the same time,
>> so I wonder if the current linuxtv api  permits nice games like that.
>

> Uncompressed video is available from video4linux device /dev/video0.
> Uncompressed audio is not available.
>
> You can watch it, for example, with mplayer:
> mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:outfmt=bgr32 tv://

When I play video/audio through the composites on the FF card to watch on the
television, I can watch simultaneously through tvtime.  Tvtime seems to utilize
/dev/video0 and get sound from /dev/dsp (using a loopback into the sound card).

Regards,
C.