[linux-dvb] Technisat CableStar 2 with DVB-S 1.5

Hi Kent,

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Kent Nielsen wrote:
> I read that there is a patch for CVS drivers, which adds support for
> Cablestar 2. I currently own DVB-S 1.5 and would like to know if I can
> use it together with Cablestar2.

I have a modified dvb-kernel-snapshot on my website. Just give it a try.
It should even work with QAM128 ;). (it will work with kernel
2.6.9-2.6.11)

You should also use the ttpci-driver from my archive, ie. don't mix
kernel-dvb-drivers, driver from the real dvb-kernel CVS and drivers from
my archive.

> As I have a slow PC, I'm hoping that DVB-S onboard mpeg-decoder will do
> the decoding for Cablestar.

When you use VDR, it should work.

good luck,
Patrick.