[linux-dvb] kernel memleak with DVB drivers

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 05:56:29PM +0000, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> i just tried to reproduce it this way and wasn't able to reproduce; It seems
> to happen only when using dvbd to tune in.
> This one reproduces it easily:
> --------------------------------
> #!/bin/bash
> TYPE=dvb-s
>
> for CHAN in 'Das Erste' ZDF 'RTL Television' EinsPlus SAT.1 'WDR Essen'; do
>         echo "$CHAN"
>         dvbcat -o /dev/null -d 5 $TYPE "$CHAN" &
>         PID=$!
>         tv_grab_dvb > /dev/null
>         kill $PID; sleep 2
> done

> I would have bet i have seen it with tzap on the cinergyT2, but i can only
> verify this tomorrow when i am back in dvb-t-land.

seems like i had some hallucinations :-) The cinergyT2 behaves exactly like
the budget-ci: tzap does not expose the memory leak but dvbd does. It does not
matter if i grab the EPG with tv_grab_dvb or with "dvbrowse -p", after tuning
to all 6 transponders here in Nuernberg with dvbcat/dvbd, i have 10MB less
free memory.
--
Stefan Seyfried