[linux-dvb] Vanilla 2.6.12 and Nova-T (new) problems

Hanno Mueller wrote:
> Richard Wall schrieb:
>
>>...but VDR developer version 1.3.27 is working fine for me so far.

> Thanks. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this, but if this
> rellay is just a vdr issue, any idea how I can debug this? Right now, I
> don't know if it's vdr or my card that is causing the problem.

The place to ask is...

> betamax:~# grep "restarting" /var/log/syslog | tail -30
> Jun 23 11:27:17 localhost runvdr: restarting VDR

Well, don't use runvdr. Run it directly as vdr and see what happens.
Runvdr is only supposed to be used once you've got everything working
and is supposed to handle restarting after a vdr crash. I never found it
very good and instead use runit (http://smarden.org/runit/) which is
much more reliable. But don't even worry about that until you've got it
running manually.

I started writing a guide to setting up vdr on Debian SID, but
unfortunately it's only really a list of (too specific) commands. Will
try and finish off soon.
http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DEBIAN_Install_VDR_with_Nova-T%2890002%29_and_DXR3

-RichardW.