[linux-dvb] a strange EIT Section

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Felix Domke wrote:

> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>> 68 61 6E 20  68 65 69 72		han  heir
>> invalid -> drop it
> It seems that the DVB section parser is not in sync with the stream. It
> should not deliver any packets until the first packet with PUSI set (it
> should be in sync then), and should stop deliver packets in a
> discontinuity condition, waiting for the next PUSI then.
>
> So the section should IMHO never appeared into userspace. Sure it's
> right to be prepared for invalid sections (and drop them), but in this
> case, I suspect a driver/hardware bug.
>
> Does the hardware use hardware section filtering?

No, this section was received using a budget Card (AirStar2). Parsing was
done by the linux dvb demuxer.

I received a lot of valid (parsable) sections before. This faulty section
(and others) I got, when the signal went through a normal loss/regain
process.

Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx