AW: AW: [linux-dvb] DVB0: Lock was lost, ...

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 16:05, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> onsdag 15. juni 2005, 16:51, skrev Andrew de Quincey:
> > OK - maybe I need to disable that check for full featured cards - or else
> > put a flag round it.... I'll sort that out later.
> >
> > Have you had the message again, or was it just a one off?
> >
> > The power supply thing is just our current best guess as to whats causing
> > this problem :(
>
> I've seen plenty of this message in my logs, but only during
> channel/transponder scans, never when watching telly.
> I have not watched telly over very long periods though..
>
> IIRC, there was some mentioning of FF cards bogusly reporting
> LOCK from the previous transponder some time back on this list.
>
> Could that trigger this message also?

The message should only appear when it unexpectedly loses the lock, but
obviously its a bit oversensitive. OK, I'll add a module parameter for it so
it doesn't fill up your logs (don't have time to debug why its happening
erroneously).

Hopefully we'll know more about what is causing the lockloss problems soon.