[linux-dvb] networked digital tuner project

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:49:38AM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Byte parallel?  Why?  The whole point of multicast is you
> join a group that is relevant to what you want...  If you
> interlaced all of the streams (which isn't reasonable for
> large numbers of streams), then you get a lot of traffic,
> the majority of which gets thrown away.

byte parallel is the stream at hardware level, it has
nothing to do with how you transmit the stream(s).

> You'd more likely want to have one channel (possibly
> combining HD, ED, and SD PIDs) per multicast address.
> This allows the receiver to only get the traffic that
> is useful to him.

well - I do not know if there is hierarchical modulation
really used anywhere, but still, this is not more than
demultiplexing and sending one PID per multicast address.

> -Philip

Regards,
Wolfgang