[linux-dvb] Johannes' idea of simple zap (szap)

On Sunday 12 June 2005 22:00, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > On Sunday 12 June 2005 21:38, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> >>Hi,

> >>significantly. I would first implement 1.3-parsing and later, if really
> >>necessary (1.4 (= stable) is near), later implement support for
> >>1.2-format, if at all.
> >
> > Ah thats a good idea. I'll have a look into 1.3.x then.
> >
> > OK, where do I get the ca_zap sources - so I can see what is there
> > already and start some coding?
>
> I have not committed the sources to CVS or anywhere, i would wait for a
> day or two to go through it again/test things out before i make it public.

No problem. I've been thinking about additional structures to cope with VDR's
extra configuration information (basically struct source_params and struct
diseqc_params).

BTW Patrick, I downloaded VDR 1.3.26 - I couldn't see any changes to the
config files in 1.2.6 really. Hmm, I notice I said 1.26 initially - that was
wrong - I meant 1.2.6 sorry.

I have a couple of questions about channels.c tho:

1) As far as I can see, the code parses the file every time a channel is
requested. The problem is that with VDR you need to parse 3 files, so the
time required is going to get longer. If we loaded the config files into
memory, we could then just convert them internally into a common set of data
structures... although that means we do use more memory I suppose...

2) In channels.h, you define "struct channel_params" as having seperate
entries in the strurcture for bandwidth/polarity etc. Would it not just be
easier to embed a struct dvb_frontend_parameters directly in there? Then you
could just parse it once and pass it directly to the dvb IOCTLs etc.

Attached is an example revised header file including the above points - just
for discussion though... I've no problems being told it is total rubbish :)

(BTW: if load_dvb_config() autosensed a VDR format channels.conf file, it
would look in the same directory for the companion sources.conf and
diseqc.conf files).