[linux-dvb] problems and workaround when tuning to a channel with DD enabled

On Mittwoch 08 Juni 2005 12:54, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > If OSDSetBlock times out, -ETIMEDOUT is returned. Most other timeouts
> > will return -1. Could this be made more consistent? Also, the return codes
> > in <dvb/osd.h> don't match what the driver does. I don't know what should
> > be done.
>
> We better ask Klaus Schmidinger about this.

Does he track this list? Or would you ask him? I might not be able to follow
the discussion yet.

> Hm, I don't like this ret = 0 everyhwere, why no set ret = 0 by default?

I also removed the initialization. Now the compiler warns if any
case branch does not set ret, making it more difficult to forget
setting it wherever it is needed.

I thought about this:

case A:
case B:
case C:
	ret = 0;
     goto out;

but I was not sure whether this reordering would be too intrusive for a
first patch. If you don't object, I will do that. I could also add a label
out0. The BUG() is probably good anyway to ensure no break is used
accidentally.

     }         /* end of switch */
	BUG();	/* we should never get here */

out0:
	ret = 0;
out:

I will prepare a new patch later, probably not today. Just got some real
work to do.

--
Wolfgang