[linux-dvb] Debian Update?

Thanks for that, but that link appears to be dead, and there doesn't
seem to be any firmware by that name in the official LinuxTV firmware
repository.

AFAIK the version you posted was the version I was using before - but
for some reason after the upgrade my system reverted to looking for the
old tda1004x firmware. (I didn't upgrade the kernel or anything like
that, all I did was a debian dist upgrade to bring myself up to
current). So how can I tell the DVB drivers which firmware they should
be looking for? I did notice during the dist upgrade that pretty much
all the Linux DVB stuff got upgraded - but I figured it would be safe.

In addition, how do I stop future updates from breaking my setup? If I
have a working set up, to be honest, for a TV card, I would rather just
keep it that way. Does this mean I would somehow have to disable future
updates? (Not ideal perhaps...) Or is there another way?

Weinberger, Andreas (EBV) wrote:

>hi,
>

>>tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
>>tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
>>

>try this fw version:
>
>http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/firmware/dvb-fe-tda10045.fw
>
>2105fd5bf37842fbcdfa4bfd58f3594a  /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-fe-tda10045.fw
>
>the new kernel has changed i2c routines, and the original "renamed" windows
>driver doesnt work anymore.
>

>-- randy

Hi a week or two ago I noticed that my usual weekly dist upgrade in
debian downloaded some new firmware for my WinTV Nova-T digital TV card.

However I left the country shortly afterwards and never paid it much
more attention until I returned yesterday. The thing is that whatever
happend during the dist upgrade, the new firmware that was downloaded
doesn't seem to work any more. If I run dmesg I get an error about the
firmware not being uploaded as follows:

tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed
tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed
tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed

What's going on? This seems to be saying that the new firmware the dist
upgrade downloaded is incompatable. But I've had my DVB card working
perfectly for months. So what has broken?

I am running Debian Sid on a 2.6.11.7x kernel with all of the latest and
greatest updates applied.

GJ