[linux-dvb] inital tuning data for dvb-t in nuernberg

Hi roh,

I comitted your de-Nuernberg update to CVS. Thanks!

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 04:08:57AM +0200, Joachim Steiger wrote:
> one strange thing i cannot find the reason of is: if i scan using this
> data with kaffeine everything is fine.
> if i scan with 'scan' it finds every transponder, but keeps looping a
> _very_ long time and tries to scan 212.5MHz and 690MHz which are
> carriers in Muenchen, but i checked and they are shurely not recievable
> here. the information seems to come from the NIT, and is used, even if
> i omit the option -n

-n is for NIT-other, the NIT for the actual mux is always evaluated.
If scan gets confused by their NITs it's a bug in scan.

> also i get a lot of dups and some channels are duped but differ in the
> fec-lo setting (most use 1/2 and some the same as fec-hi)
> should the fec-lo be left on NONE (seems its done that way on nearly
> ever initial tuning data)

AFAIK hierarchical modulation is not used for DVB-T in Germany
(but maybe for DVB-H?). So FEC-lo is usually NONE (or, it doesn't
matter with hierarchy == NONE).

Greetings,
Johannes