[linux-dvb] TwinHan Vison Plus DST Problems

Hi Arne, everyone else,

Thanks for the config, but I don't actually think there is anything
wrong with the kernel configuration any more.

I have been doing a bit more "digging" this morning, using strace to
determine exactly what is going on with the ioctl request.
Here is some of the output from strace when used with tzap:

open("/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0", O_RDWR) = 3
ioctl(3, 0x80a86f3d, 0xbffff530)        = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

According to the ioctl man pages, this indicates that the request
(0x80a86f3d) or the pointer (0xbffff530) used in the ioctl call is invalid.
Looking at tzap.c (where setup_frontend makes the call to ioctl) I can
see that the third parameter (argp / 0xbffff530) is first referenced
immediately before the call, and is simply used to store the returned
info. Therefore the problem must lie with the second parameter
(FE_GET_INFO) which is defined in
dvb-apps/include/linux/dvb/frontend.h... However, this, and all the
components of the struct seem fine.

Arrggggggg!!! :( It can't be this complicated, I'm sure I'm just missing
something really, really simple. Any suggestions, any at all, even
really stupid ones would be gratefully appreciated. And yeah, I have
already considered that demon possession of my computer could be the
root cause. I have a team of priests coming over this afternoon to
perform an exorcism on the comp... but just in case that doesn't work,
let me know what you think.

Thanks again,

Wolvie