[linux-dvb] Two Airstar2's with b2c2-flexcop driver - problem

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi Anssi,
>
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>
>> When using the new b2c2-flexcop driver with them and running VDR,
>> after a few hours or something like that the second (always the
>> second, not first) card stops outputting any data.

Apparently the problem is still present although I said earlier mb
switch helped. I'm now using CVS from 2005-05-18.

> Please check /proc/interrupts if the IRQ-counter for this card stops.

Yes, it stops.

> Please try to use only the "stopping" card and remove the other card and
> see if the problem still occures.
>
> Switch the PCI slots if possible.

I mv'd /dev/dvb/adapter2 and /dev/dvb/adapter1 with each other, so that
vdr thought adapter1 is adapter2 and adapter2 is adapter1. (adapter0 is
ff card and not related to this)
It happened that it is always the card which vdr thinks is the second
card, i.e. it the IRQ stop is initiated by something VDR does to the
second card, probably EPG scan.

> Which Chipset does your mainboard have?

Tested with KT266/A and KT600.

>> This issue does not exist when using the skystar2 driver, I've used
>> that for few days now without problems.
>
> You are the first one who reports the IRQ-stop-problem in conjunction
> with the air2pc PCI card.

Ok.

>> What would be the best way to debug this?
>
> This is a very good question.

Maybe I could put some debug output to VDR epg scan or something like
that. But I think some debug is required in b2c2 driver side too, which
I know nothing about.

If someone has pointers how to debug this, they are most welcome :)

--
Anssi Hannula