[linux-dvb] tda1004x Firmware loading problems with latest CVS

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hm...
> The only difference is see rel. to may 21st is in Cynergy T2 ...
> Could it be that you somehow mixed up the versions?
> There was a change 2 months ago in the core code. If the driver is not
> adapted, this causes a kernel oops but no compile error. I had a look at
> the budget-ci code and the change seems to be in.
>
> Please have a look at your code base and ensure that you have not mixed
> up versions.
> The only other explaination i have that there is something messed up
> with the firmware file.
>
> Hartmut

Hi Hartmut,

It appears that I am not the only person having this problem. See
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-May/002167.html for
another example.

I'm not convinced it's the firmware file because I can revert back to
2.6.12-rc4 without CVS and use the same firmware file successfully.

Cheers

Dave