[linux-dvb] OT: Satellite reception in Crete, Greece

Hi all,

First, I want to apologize for the OT cross posting.

I'm in the process of relocating from Sweden to Heraklion, Crete
(Greece) and I want to know which satellites are possible to receive at
what dish sizes.

I have been using DVB-C for years but is new to DVB-S. Any hints or
suggestions are appreciated.

There are some posts suggesting that it is possible to receive British
Sky. This should be, however, judging from the coverage maps, close to
impossible. I guess the coverage maps are very conservative.

I will only be staying on Crete for a year or two so it would be
interesting to me to be able to get Nordic channels. These are on Sirius
2/3 (5 deg E) and on Thor 2/3 (1 deg W). Another interesting option
would be British Sky sent on Astra. Has anyone been able to receive
these? I have seen on some sat-dx sites that there might be a
possibility using 140cm dishes and good LNBs. Any hints or experiences
on how to receive these packages would be very helpful.

Best regards
 Sven