[linux-dvb] record multiple channels

On Wed, 11 May 2005 paulnisbett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can you do the same with cablestar2 card (which is the digital cable
> version) of the skystar2 card??

Cablestar2 is identical to the skystar2-card, but of course fo DVB-C.

> So could i record mulitple channels at the same time from the same
> digital cable feed? Or would i have to buy multiple cards for multiple
> recording channels.

No, only if the channels are on different frequencies.

> If I wanted to record 3 different channels simitanteously and watch
> another, would i need 2 cablestar2 dvb-c cards or 4 cards??

If all these 4 channels are on the same frequency and your PC is fast and
powerful enough, it is even possible to do this with one card.

regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx