[linux-dvb] Typhoon DVB-T Duo Digital/Analog Cardbus (saa7133 based)

Jan Dittmer wrote:
> Andrea Venturi wrote:
>
>>Jan Dittmer wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm trying to get the following card running with Linux
>>>(analog part first):
>>>
>>>Typhoon DVB-T Duo Digital/Analog Cardbus
>>>(http://www.anubisline.com/english/articlec.asp?id=50500&catid=002)
>>>

>>this card seems a clone of my "flydvb-t duo cardbus"
>>
>>so please check the thread (on both linux-dvb and v4l ML) about "pcmcia
>>card FlyDVB-T Duo Cardbus".
>>
>>the card seems really the same with just a different  subsystem id:
>>
>>"flydvb-t duo cardbus"
>>   saa7133[0]: subsystem: 5168:0502
>>
>>"Typhoon DVB-T Duo Digital/Analog Cardbus"
>>   subsystem: 4e42:0502
>>

>>mine works at least for analog tv (v4l driver) with:
>>
>>     #modprobe saa7134 tuner=54 i2c_scan=1
>

> Yes, that seems to work - thanks a lot. Would a patch be accepted,
> that adds this card to saa7134-cards.c ?

i dont really now! i made for myself (and posted on v4l ml) a simple
patch for the auto-recognition of the flydvb-t duo cardbus but it's not
complete because there are problems with the audio part of the
composite/svideo inputs, so i don't think it's ready now..

but OTOH for this new batch of tv cards, people are all patching against
the latest v4l snapshot:

   http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/

the same new entry number #56!

i envision a nightmare when all these new cards need to be renumbered..
anyway, time will tell.

>>i have been told that there's a project working on the dvb-t part
>>(linuxdvb) with access to the relevant philips datasheet for the silicon
>>tuner (NDA and so on..)
>

> So saa7134-dvb is something else?

sorry, i mean i really don't know when will have dvb support for such
kind of digital silicon tuner. actually in saa7134-dvb there's no support..

bye