[linux-dvb] Re: Firmware (dvb-ttusb-dec-3000s.fw) unavailable.

Patrick Boettcher schrieb:
> Hi Markus,
>
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Markus Posch wrote:
>
>> thanks for the quick answer.
>> i put the firmware to /usr/lib/firmware but there is still the same
>> message in dmesg.
>>
>> do you (or anyone else) have another hint for me?
>>
>> i tried to place the firmware on many diffrent places (on any place
>> which i saw in firmware.agent) but no way.
>

> Does /sys exits?
>
> If not, try to convince your distribution to mount sysfs. Don't know how
> to do this, but I know it is necessary for firmware loading (amongs
> other important things).
>
> best regards
> Patrick.
>
> --
>   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx
>   WWW:  http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/

hy patrick,

/sys exists and there are folders ttusb-dec, ttusbdecfe ...... in it.

i'm not sure where the problem is cause ther is "firmware_class
  9984  1 ttusb_dec" in lsmod. the error is comming from the usb-driver
and i don't now if i shell search the reason on the driver or on the
firmware hotplug????

greets
markus
(i have to google what regards meens *gg*)