[linux-dvb] Re: STV0297's descrambler sync detector failed to lock

On Monday 11 April 2005 23:47, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> Interesting. I assume you use the Nexus-CA or the Technotrend aquivalent?

Correct.

> I modified the dvb-kernel-driver to work with the CableStar2 (the DVB-C
> clone of the SkyStar2).

In your modified .../ttpci/av7110.c that card is still identified as Nexus CA?

> I did not commit it to CVS yet, because it breaks support for the
> Nexus-CA. The problem is, with the current stv0297-driver the CableStar2
> doesn't get a lock, but with my modifications (along with some
> beautifications) the Nexus-CA is failing.

Nexus works with QAM-64 without modification to the Nexus kernel driver.
For QAM-128 tuning I  changed the pwm value and gave it more time to stabilise
in the wait loops. The rest is unmodified.

> I haven't had the time yet, to figure out which stv0297-parameters are
> card-specific to fix it again.

That figuring would be essential. Unfortunately I have no info about the Nexus
either. The only way is trial and error.

Luckily your code has a much more detailed tuning procedure.