[linux-dvb] record multiple channels

Peter Zubaj wrote:
> Skystar2 (and nearly all PCI dvb cards) can record multiple programs
> but only from one transponder. If you want record porograms from
> diffrent transponders you need more dvb cards, twin (quad, quatro +
> multiswich) LNBs ("receiver unit"). So confortable use you need more
> cards.
>
> For payed cannels skystar is not good choose, because it doesn't have
> CI slot.

AFAIK there is a CI slot and descrambler present, but there is no CI
available (at least yet) from Technisat.

There is a post by SF100 on 2004-12-09 13:15 at
http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/showthread.php?t=32798
which as roughly translated is:
"I asked about this from Germany. This week Technisat had met
representives of DVBViewer and hardware suppliers. It is planned to
offer CI option for all Flexcop based cards. I don't know if it will be
possible to connect CI with the current cards or do the cards need
modifications. The schedule is still open."

--
Anssi Hannula