[linux-dvb] MAC addresses of DVB devices

Hi,

Some of the USBs device I'm working on have a MAC-address. Up to now, I
was ignoring it, but in order to complete the dvb-usb-lib I would like to
implement the necessary steps for MAC-addresses (beside of reading it).

Now I'm wondering, what are the necessary steps? Just to printk it? Or do
I have to store it "somewhere else".

For what I can see, the MAC address is nothing more than an ID a dvb_net
user passes to his provider, so the provider is able to assign the correct
network packets to the user. Am I wrong? (at least for the budget,
hw-filter-less USB receivers I'm aware of).

Please enlighten me?

thanks,
Patrick.

--