[linux-dvb] Kaffeine from CVS with DVB support

Le Dimanche 20 Mars 2005 15:26, Jim Darby a ?crit?:
> I've just downloaded the CVS kaffeine with Christophe's excellent DVB
> support.
>
> It almost works fine, but I've hit a few hitches.
>
> When I first ran it, it said the ``kaffiene parts'' was missing but it
> still might work. Very odd. I look at it had installed a library call
> libkaffeibepart.so in /usr/lib.
>
> The second problem, which might well be related, is that in the Go! tag
> I can't watch DVD, VCD or audio CDs. The file open works fine.
>
> Similarly in the DVB tab I get to see all the stations but they're all
> greyed out and I can't actually watch any of them. I can set timers and
> it works but I can't watch live TV.

Hi Jim,

Kaffeine has the ability to use different player engines (kparts plugins). The
default one, and at that time the only one really useable, is based on xine
and called "Kaffeine".
Go to "Menu->Configuration->Player engine" and select "Kaffeine".
If it's not there, you have an install problem ( make sure libkaffeinepart.so
is installed in kde libs dir/subdir, e.g: /usr/kde/lib/kde3 )

P.S
Kaffeine support is on kaffeine-user ml.

--
Christophe Thommeret