[linux-dvb] picture errors with skystar2 pci and cvs

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Joerg Riechardt wrote:

Hi J?rg,

> when I use cvs version of the driver, I get distortions in the picture. This
> is with live view and with recordings. There are short lasting blocks and
> lines in the picture, that are rubbish, every few seconds.

Did you enable pid_filtering by loading the b2c2-flexcop-pci with
enable_pid_filtering=1 as parameter? Please try the opposite in any case.

> When I use the skystar2.ko instead of the flexcop*.ko everything is fine. I
> have a Skystar2 Rev. 2.3 (PCI), kernel 2.6.11.

There are still some known issues with the dma transfer unfortunately I
didn't had the time yet and the equipment to do large tests with the
skystar card.

To get a similar test environment I need a running cablestar (higher TS
bandwidth), but the support for this card isn't ready, yet.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx