[linux-dvb] Re: Kaffeine-DVB

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Dieter Zander wrote:

> Hi Karl,

Hi list,

> i'm using the Kaffeine-CVS. After compiling with ./configure
> --prefix=/opt/kde3, make and make install, I started the programm. A
> configuration wizzard asked me some questions. One of this question was
> "Ger?te-Einstellung". There I could choose as "Quelle" de-Frankfurt" for
> a list of the frenquencies which are using in Rhein-Main-area. The
> programm is loading actual frequency-files from the internet.

Same for me here with Kaffeine-0.6-cvs and a Pinnacle PCTV 300i (PAL +
DVB-T).

Of course I'm using "de-Hamburg" as a primary source for scanning, as I'm
located near Hamburg. :-)

There is still some jitter and some funny noises in the reception though,
due to read errors from the MT352 DVB chip. But if I do not zap too often
all is working well for me.

And I love Kaffeine as it's performing a lot better than Xine itself,
although using Xine's engine.

Regards,
Rainer
--