[linux-dvb] Air2PC-ATSC and QAM

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 00:22 +0000, an unknown sender wrote:
> I am using Air2PC-ATSC with stock Mandrake 2.6.10 kernel and the latest
> dvb-kernel drivers from CVS built outside the kernel.
>
> The card works great with OTA (ATSC). I can record using dvbstream or
> the cat dvr0 method. Even MythTV works with it.
>
> However I can't get it to work with QAM (cable).

I have exactly the same problem with my Air2PC.  I am using 2.6.11 with
dvb-kernel from cvs (very recent).  The driver loads and seems to
function correctly.  I can use azap to tune to various channels using
the channels.conf-qam file and I get FE_HAS_LOCK back from azap.  I have
tried azap with and without the -r option. I know these are real
channels because my TV has a built-in QAM tuner and I can view those
channels on my TV using the digital tuner.  However, dvbstream and
dvbscan just hang and I can't capture by catting dvr0.

I guess I'll just keep looking for updates to the dvb-kernel modules and
monitoring the list, unless someone has a suggestion?

--
Aran Cox <spin667@xxxxxxxxx>