[linux-dvb] Using DVB as primary output device ?

Hi.

Since my previous post, I found the dvb API which contains everything I need
to understand tha various elements of the device driver. The documentation
is daunting, though well made when you read it for the first time. My previous
question still hold , is it possible to use to use card as the only video output
device in a system ? Some of the API calls look quite usefull for that like the
possibility to display a still picture (menus for example). Could someone give
me a pointer to code examples showing how it is used for displaying, let's say
an mpeg stream ? (I would prefer no to shuffle through mplayer code for that ...)

Thanks in advance.