[linux-dvb] Watching/saving encrypted channels

Hello!

I'm trying to watch encrypted channels. Unfortunately I only have a budget
card without a CI. Is it possible to use a smart card reader and Hauppauge
WinTV Nova-T DVB-T PCI card to see encrypted channels, using any software
decoder that interacts with the smart card? Even saving the encrypted
stream and then later decrypting it using the software accessing the smart
card would be acceptable.

If this is not possible, what kind of a system is required? If possible,
I'd prefer to use Hauppauge cards so that I wouldn't need to fight with
different cards and drivers. What I've heard they are using Conax
encryption in Finland.

I'm currently using kernel 2.4.29 with linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 drivers.

Regards,
Kimmo Mustonen