[linux-dvb] Best platform for media??

Hi,

I want to build a good platform to run FC3.  My existing media PC does not
have enough grunt to do what I want, but need help with the best spec.

What's best for Linux and media encoding watching?
Chipset.
    nForce, SIS or Via ?
    64-bit - worth considering?
    SIS
        what is SiS741?
        what is SiS748?
        what is SiS741GX?
    nForce
        what is nForce2?
        NVIDIA nForce2?
        nForce2IGP?
        what is nForce2Ultra400?
        what is nForce2Ultra400 +MCP?
        what is nForce2Ultra400 +MCP2S?

        nForce3 250 (64bit)?
        nForce3 Pro 250 (64bit)?
        nForce3 (64bit)?
        nForce3 Ultra (64bit)?

Board Manufacturers, which is best?
    Gigabyte
    MSI
    Epox
    Asus
    Abit
    Tyan
    others?

What is, and what is best?
    DDR266
    DDR333
    DDR400
    DDDR400
    FSB/DDR400

Processor
        I've been warned away from Celeron for Linux.  Am looking at the AMD
/ Sempron (Skt A) or Intel Pentium
        I suppose I should be looking at the higest clock speed, FSB,
highest amount of L2 cache?

Hard disk
    I gather SATA will be better than standard ATA/IDE?  Don't want to go
down the scsi route...

Audio
    AC'97 - I gather this is a standard embedded sound card?
    6Channel audio - this is dolby 6?  Probably multi-channel output?  Do
they also generally support a standard stereo din plug?
    5.1Channel audio - dolby5.1?  Same, do they also generally support a
standard stereo din plug?
    7.1Channel audio - dolby 7?  same as above?

Video
    I want a card, preferably with composite output.
    What's uATX?
    Best to get 8x?