[linux-dvb] Writing DVB Software - couple questions

Firstly, for Johannes, I'm assuming by top-posting you mean that when
I send a message it makes a new thread? How do I reply properly to
continue the thread? When I hit reply, the address that comes up is
the individual e-mail address of the last person that posted. To get
the list address to come up I have to hit reply to all, and move the
list address from cc: to to: - I looked at the headers, and the reply
to is different that other mailing lists I'm on - if it's something I
need to change in my subscription settings, please tell me what so I
can get it to work properly.

Now for Peter, I think you missed my point. I was simply asking if
such a program existed because I'd like to work on writing something
to help improve the dvb experience in Linux, and I don't enjoy
duplicating efforts - if something that does what I'm lookin for
already exists, then why waste my time re-inventing the wheel. If it
doesn't, then I'm happy to work on it and learn a few things along the
way. My intent was to not come here "trolling my bullshit" but to get
some info so that maybe the numbers I give as feedback might mean
something rather than the relatively useless numbers that are given in
the windows software. Trust me, I know the dvb situation in Linux
isn't very good - hence why I got my stuff setup in Windows, and now
I'm ready to start helping with the Linux side. Perhaps the reason the
dvb experience in Linux isn't very good is when someone like me comes
along willing to work on writing some new software, someone like you
comes along and scares them away. Unlike you, I do enjoy "wasting my
entire life compiling stuff to work properly" - if I didn't, I
wouldn't have a CS degree and now be working on computer engineering
degree, and I wouldn't be spending my spring break trying to hack some
useful code together to maybe improve the state of DVB on Linux.

Andrew