[linux-dvb] TV-Out card recommendation

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 22:42 +1100, Rodd Snook wrote:
> I use a Matrox G400 32MB Dual Head. I have a home-made VGA to SCART
> component cable for better picture quality, but it does fine with the
> provided Composite/S-Video dongle.

{Snippage}

How did you make your home-made VGA to component cable? Is it the one
someone posted a link to a couple of weeks back, with a few resistors
and a transistor to combine the sync lines? Do you need to set any
bizarre ModeLines to get the desired sync frequency for a TV? The web
page I'm thinking of suggested that any 'common or garden cheapo' VGA
card would work for this.

Would it be worth while building one or is it only likely to work with a
G400, G450, etc.?

Obviously, video overlay performance would depend on the card!

Cheers,

Laz