[linux-dvb] [patch/resend] dvb pll library

Hi Gerd,

Gerd Knorr wrote:
> Whats up guys?  IIRC everyone was happy with my dvb-pll stuff.  It
> didn't show up in linuxtv cvs yet though ...

Yeah, my fault. I have a lot of other patches pending, too, but
just didn't get around. I'll try to catch up now.

> Below is a slightly newer version of the patch, with some tyops fixed
> (s/thomson ddt/thomson dtt/gi) and a new pll added (Thomson dtt7610).
>
> I also want to submit some driver updates to the mainline kernel which
> depend on the dvb-pll code and the mt352 updates (which are merged
> already), so it would be great if you can prepare the next batch of
> dvb patches and submit them as well ;)

OK. I'll try to get it done soonish.

> Whats the status on the cx22702 driver btw.?

Well, you know my position. If you send me what I asked for
it would be in CVS immediately. Now, I tried to get Michael
and Andrew to back up either your or my position so we
could reach a decision, but it seems they are not willing
to say something.

Just in case you forgot: My problem is not that your code
sucks, but simply that it is different from all other frontend
drivers. I see maintainability issues, but also social
problems with the people who were involved in the discussions
that led to the current frontend design.

An easy way out: You could get a CVS account and commit it
yourself. That way you would take direct responsibility for
your deeds.

Johannes