[linux-dvb] [RFC]

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-dvb-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Manu Abraham
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:04 PM
To: Hari_Mohan
Cc: linux-dvb
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] [RFC]

Hari_Mohan wrote:
> [...]

So is this information more reliable than the 13818-1 Discontinuity flag.. ?

such that this information can be used to identify cases where we have
problems in the TS.. ?
since under the Linux DVB API, we don't have an exact solution for
discontinuity, and TS errors to a 100% effectiveness, would these flags
be useful for solving that problem ?

For a particular DVB card, i can get these signals out from the frontend
to the card and the driver.. So, considering that aspect if i get these
flags out, i was wondering whether it would be possible to have a
solution for the latter errors..

That was the query that i had in my mind..
********************

The error bit which I am speaking about is the signal which is given by
demodulator or a receiver device once it finds that input ts packet is
errored. But the discontinuity indicator which you refered is inside the
transport stream - so these information which are inside stream are inserted
from the stream generator (encoder/mux) and I don't think that tuner will be
reading this data to give the error signal/flag.
For discontinuity in transport stream you can tweak software or add some
patches but for errored input signal indication I don't think anything can
be done other than making satellite/cable reception proper.

Hari
> there to store these values and use for upper layer applications. Because
> stv299 may have separate APIs to calculate BER and signal quality.
>
> Hari
>

>>Hari

Manu