[linux-dvb] myth card configuration for KWorld V-Stream DVB-T

I am trying to run mythtv (0.17) on a Debian box with the KWorld
V-Stream DVB-T card. I have installed the standard Debian 2.6.10-1
kernel and udev, and it seems to auto-detect the card, install a bunch
of cx88 modules, and create /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0 devices for me.

It all seems to be good as far as it goes.

In the myth card configuration I can add it as a video 4 linux card, and
it seems to work (I haven't set up any channels properly, so I can't be
sure). However, if I try to add it as a DVB card, it says it can't find
it. A friend with a different card *can* add his as a DVB card, and the
difference seems to be his card gets a /dev/dvb device created for it.
Mine does not.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Do you get anything extra from having the card as a DVB instead of
v4l? Or should I not care?

2) Why would this be happening? Is there something I can change either
in the kernel or in udev to make it create dvb devices instead of v4l?

Thanks,
	Cameron.

I'm going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love, and
I won't be back for TEN MINUTES.
	- Homer Simpson

Cameron Stone                            <camerons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>