[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV ATSC/QAM GOLD support

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Steve Toth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a FusionHDTV ATSC/QAM GOLD board running via windows for
> Cablevision Opencable (digital cable) in the US. I want to get this
> running under Linux.
>
> The board specs are:
>
> Conexant 88x PCI bridge
> Microtune/Temic 4042 tuner
> LGDT3302 demod
>
> Clearly, we already have Fusion DVBT support, but is anyone looking
> specifially at QAM for digital cable? I've seen traffic indicating we
> have working analogue video/audio, but no mpeg transport.

I have a working, open source, Mac OS X driver for th digital part this
card (two different revisions of it actually). Quite a few people are
using it for ATSC, and it includes code for tuning to a QAM signal,
although that part is untested, since no-one has asked me about it yet.

It would not be difficult to make a linux driver with the info contained
in my driver. (CVS root nr end of this page: <http://www.defyne.org/dvb/>)

> Second, has anyone seen a datasheet for the demod? I haven't spoken to
> LG directly, I figured I'd ask here first.

I have some information about the demod, but unfortunately I can't pass it
on directly. I'd be happy to try to answer any questions and/or help out
with bits of code 'tho.

> Regards,
>
> Steve

{P^/