[linux-dvb] Re: New Hauppauge Nova-T board not working

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 03:55:18PM +0000, John Jones wrote:
> ok
>
> why can you not compile the cx88 into a static kernel ?
> Looking at the sources I see no reason but when I do on my tree it
> dumps out (sorry no debug attached)
> I prefer static kernels and am surprised by this

It's not _that_ surprising as nobody uses static kernels, especially not
the driver developers, because with modules the turnaround times are
much lower.

It's probably a buglet in the dvb core, some init function being called
to late.

> when do you think a stable'ish mainline kernel will be able to support
> cx88 version of the Hauppauge wintv PCI board ?

I already wrote that in the mail you've replied to.

> intresting that alot of people have now have their app's microsoft BDA
> complient and ALL vendors support it now... for more on Broadcast
> Driver Architecture (BDA) see
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/VidCapStream/hh/vidcapstream/bdad_f5ada6c2-5524-47fa-89a7-3684a96df126.xml.asp

Oh, they are catching up ;)

  Gerd