Greybus Future

The Greybus kernel code, developed as part of Google's Project Ara,
is in the upstream Linux kernel tree (under drivers/staging).  The
cancellation of that project makes the future for Greybus a bit less
certain.  There is interest among the core developers of Greybus
(and others) to do what we can to preserve the value of the Greybus
implementation for use beyond its original target platform.  For
that to have any chance of success, we need to establish some
organization, and basically form a community of developers and
interested parties.

I'm proposing below a few things, which I'll implement this week
unless I hear people express strong opposition (or clearly better
suggestions).  If you have comments, please say something.

Git repositories.  Public git repositories related to Project Ara
are all hosted here:
    https://github.com/projectara
At this time I see no reason to move away from this, but it would
not surprise me if we decided to host the code and documentation
somewhere else at some future date.

Mailing List.  Because the Greybus kernel code sits in the staging
tree, mail about it should go to the driver-devel mailing list
(devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).  I know that some people prefer better
mail filters rather than more mailing lists, but I think Greybus
discussion warrants a separate list.  Its code spans multiple code
bases, and I think we're going to need some dedicated and ongoing
strategy and design discussions.  So I'd like to create a Greybus
mailing list as a home for all Greybus-related discussion, including
patch traffic.  My suggestion is to create a majordomo list:
    greybus@xxxxxxxxxx

Patchwork.  In the past I have found Patchwork to be a very useful
tool in managing incoming patches.  I'd like to set up a patchwork
instance for Greybus, monitoring the greybus mailing list, again
at kernel.org.

Wiki page.  If we want a Wiki page, we could set one up at
kernel.org.  Thoughts?

Web home page.  I have secured the "greybus.org" domain, so if there
is any value in populating that page it could serve as the home page
for the project.  It currently has no content.

Are there any other important resources I've missed?  Once we get
a list going (or not) I've got a few other things to talk about.

Thanks.

					-Alex

PS  I have addressed this message to a set of interested people
    whose e-mail addresses I knew; the set is definitely incomplete.
    This will form the initial membership of the mailing list.  If
    you do not want to be on that list, or if you know others I
    should include, please send me contact information by private
    message.