Re: My new email + some notes on mt7601

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 05:15:04AM +0000, parthsane@xxxxxxx wrote:

> >>MT7601 is similar chip like those we already support in the existing
> >>rt2x00 driver, hence support of it should be added there. I'm going to
> >>do this.
> >
> >Ok, that makes sense, anything I can do to test or help out with here?
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >greg k-h
> Hey Guys!
> Writing after a long time! BTW what's the status on the rt2x00 driver? I'm
> eager to try out my dongle. Everytime I need to plug this in my raspberry pi
> after a dist upgrade, I need to reinstall the driver! Please let me know if
> I can help in any way. Also a good news is that I'm almost going to get my
> amateur radio license soon! It will be a VU3 Indian license!
> Regards and 73s,
> Parth Sane

It turns out that there will be new mac80211 drivers for new Mediatek
chips.

https://github.com/openwrt/mt76
https://github.com/kuba-moo/mt7601u

Driver for mt7601u was already posted and waits for inclusion.
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=143085740303384&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=143085740603386&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=143085741003387&w=2

Stanislaw