Question about further cleanup in staging/bcm

Hi,

I just send my last patchset for the files in staging/bcm, so my first
iteration is ready.

I want to do more cleanup in this part of the kernel, I hope it is
desired.

My next steps would be:

    1) I would like to start renaming variables inside functions and
    static functions for the second iteration.

    2) After that, I would like to rename non-static functions
    (third iteration)

    3) and after that, I would re-organize the code (removing the
    ugly "headers.h" file by moving the includes directly to the
    files, splitting up files, etc).

Are there any concerns about this? Would you guys like to see these
patches? Are there more issues to solve I don't see yet? Please send
me your suggestions!

TODOs listed in the TODO file I would like to solve:

* remove developer debug BCM_DEBUG() macros

    question: Should I simply _remove_ them, or should they be
    replaced by something else? Also: When? After the last iteration,
    I guess?

    The TODO files says something about a netif_msg() which should be
    inserted instead of the debug macro. I don't know this
    (function?), so maybe this stuff has to be done by someone else.

* merge some files together

    question: I don't think there should be files merged, as they
    would be _really_ long then. I would like to suggest to remove
    this TODO, if you're fine with this, I'll send an appropriate
    patch!

* Checkpatch warnings

    Well, yes, there are still warnings left. I will try to resolve
    them, too, but my main attention would be the three steps I
    mentioned above.

I would like to see an ACK for the mentioned steps from at least two
people before starting this, as I don't want to do patches which will
get rejected anyways. One from Greg K-H would be nice, too! :-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.