Re: Question about patches for bcm

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 04:42:11PM +0200, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question related to some patches I send in.
>
> (I send them to devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but they show up in the
> archives of this list... so I'm asking here)
>
> I send 6 patch sets since the beginning of the month. Some of them
> where reviewed, some not. None of them is upstream by now. Did
> something got stuck?

If there is no comment that means everyone else approves and Greg has
not gotten to them.

Normally I review patches when they are sent to the list and comment on
some.  I have been away so I haven't reviewed all your patches yet.

> I did some research and found a message in the archives[0] related to
> the bcm driver. It seems that there is still work in progress on this
> driver, so I guess my patches are not obsolete, right?

I think most places in the world are not using wi-max so this driver is
going to be obsolete in 3-5 years but not yet entirely.

> My second iteration would
> contain some refactoring of the type / member names, moving headers
> around, maybe splitting files, etc. Is this okay for you?

Yes, that is fine.

regards,
dan carpenter