Re: ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 08:19:52AM +0530, Chetal Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently joined the Linux Driver Development mailing list and would
> like to contribute to the Linux Driver Project. Specifically, I would
> like to contribute by working on ACPI Support for HP Pavillion laptops
> (Referred list at
> http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Drivers_Needed).
> Regarding this, I humbly seek answer to the following questions.
>
> 1). Is anyone currently working on this project?
> 2). If any kind of contribution is still needed, can anyone please
> provide me details?

Do you have the hardware here, and have any chance to get the specs for
what the hardware provides?  And why would ACPI support for a specific
laptop be needed?  Linux supports ACPI quite well these days, are you
sure this isn't already done?

thanks,

greg k-h