Re: Question about patches for bcm

On 26-06-2014 10:58:20, Kevin McKinney wrote:
>    On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Matthias Beyer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    wrote:
>
>      Hi,
>
>      I have a question related to some patches I send in.
>
>      (I send them to devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but they show up in the
>      archives of this list... so I'm asking here)
>
>      I send 6 patch sets since the beginning of the month. Some of them
>      where reviewed, some not. None of them is upstream by now. Did
>      something got stuck?
>
>      I did some research and found a message in the archives[0] related to
>      the bcm driver. It seems that there is still work in progress on this
>      driver, so I guess my patches are not obsolete, right?
>
>      I have more cleanup patchsets for this driver lying around (about 70
>      patches overall, ca 1/4 already submitted but not yet applied).
>      I don't want to send all of them at once, as this just leads to
>      confusion (as they are split up into 13 branches/patchsets).
>
>      I almost patched all files in the driver. My second iteration would
>      contain some refactoring of the type / member names, moving headers
>      around, maybe splitting files, etc. Is this okay for you?
>
>      Is there someone out there who actively works on the driver? Maybe I
>      could send my patches to this person instead to the ML, so we can
>      sync up our workflow to get this stuff done faster?
>
>    Hi Matthias,
>    I have been working on this driver for a while now. I am currently fixing
>    a 64 bit casting bug; and I think I have a fix but I trying to get the
>    hardware so I can test. A I believe it has to do with the ntohl function
>    only accepting 32 bit values, and not 64 bit. But I need the hardware in
>    order to test this theory. A We can work together to get this driver
>    completed faster if you like. A I can review your patches? Can you resend
>    your last iteration of patches? A I hope to have the hardware soon, and we
>    can really get some good testing going on.

Hi Kevin,

I can send the patches, sure. Shall I send them directly to you or
with this ML in CC? Should I send the 6 already submitted patchsets or
should I submit all patches I have done so far?

I guess you do just reviewing, greg k-h still applies them, right?

I do not have the hardware, I do my patches, compile them and run them
through checkpatch.pl, but I have no hardware to test. All my patches
are just cleanup patches (line shortening, code simplifications,
oursourcing of code chunks into functions and the like), I just got
into kernel stuff (and I love doing it :-) ).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.