New driver for Realtek RTL8192EE

Greg,

This E-mail is to prepare you for a new Realtek RTL8192EE driver that I intend to submit early next week. I hope it will be in time for kernel 3.16.

This device is incorporated in the recently introduced Lenovo T440s tablet, and from the correspondence that I have received, there have been a number of shipments of these with Ubuntu installed. Initially I only supplied patches to add the driver. Because generating a new kernel for Ubuntu can be a daunting task for beginners, I added .deb files to my FTP site last week.

As this driver uses mac80211, it would technically meet the requirements for inclusion in the regular wireless tree; however, it incorporates a completely new RX and TX DMA descriptor model, and I have not yet been able to modify the rtlwifi and rtl_pci minidrivers to function correctly. For that reason, I plan to add it to staging for one cycle. My efforts on this new driver is the main reason that I have not had time to make any modifications to the RTL8821AE driver in staging as I promised earlier.

Thanks,

Larry