Re: Linux driver VME-Bridge tsi-148

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:17:04 +0000
Martyn Welch <martyn.welch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> (Please keep this on list)

Sorry, I missed the right reply-button.

> It will require the core and at least one bridge to be registered
> with it to be usable.

This, and

> It's a PCI device, so should get detected at boot during the PCI
> scan. However the entries in the device tree for the PCI bus would
> need to exist and be correct.

this, if nothing else, make me think, that I will need to get the
device tree right before all. Could you post an example entry for such
a pci device in the device tree, which I could try to adjust? I do have
a some information, like this line (from another OS)

        pci 90000000 ffff0000 0000ffff 01 02

and maybe some details from lspci. Maybe I can do with a few educated
guesses. After this, I could try to see, if vme_user does enough for my
purposes, or if I need to find my way through the vme-api.

Thanks,

--
Christoph