Re: [RFC] mm: add support for zsmalloc and zcache

On 10/02/2012 01:17 PM, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> If so, <shake hands> and move forward?  What do you see as next steps?

I've been reviewing the changes between zcache and zcache2 and getting
a feel for the scope and direction of those changes.

- Getting the community engaged to review zcache1 at ~2300SLOC was
  difficult.
- Adding RAMSter has meant adding RAMSter-specific code broadly across
  zcache and increases the size of code to review to ~7600SLOC.
- The changes have blurred zcache's internal layering and increased
  complexity beyond what a simple SLOC metric can reflect.
- Getting the community engaged in reviewing zcache2 will be difficult
  and will require an exceptional amount of effort for maintainer and
  reviewer.

It is difficult for me to know when it could be ready for mainline and
production use.  While zcache2 isn't getting broad code reviews yet,
how do suggest managing that complexity to make the code maintainable
and get it reviewed?

Seth