Driver to use an mmap'd buffer to trigger a SPI transaction when accessed

I'm trying to create a driver that will memory map locations in a spi device to a kmalloc'd buffer by a driver. I  was thinking that the driver should implement mmap that when mmap is called by a user process it returns a pointer to a kmalloc'd buffer in the driver.  Whenever the user accesses that buffer using the pointer returned the driver will get notified and kick off a tasklet to send the page (or just the indivual memory location) that was written to by the user to the spi device connected.   I don't know of a methodology to do the notification.  I've looked at vm_operatons_struct but the functions only seem to get called on a page fault or protected access.  Any help would be great.  Also let me know if this is not even possible.

Thanks in advance.

Greg